We are a community Interest Radio, so we want everyone in the community involved. Would you like to
- be a presenter
- act as a local coordinator for your area club or work
- run a community project
- do audio editing
- be a fund raiser
- help with marketing and publicity
- do voice-overs
- be an events organizer
- run our events database
- Learn how to get online or help other to get online.
- work on specific projects that interest you
- just enjoy the fun of being a member of this great team and turning your hand to whatever you can do
If you interested in helping to build a successful vibrant Internet radio station in the Bournemouth Poole and Christchurch area please get in touch. We are keen to involve people from all walks of life, all social backgrounds, all ages, academic, technical or practical people and from all ethnic origins. We need you all – don’t be shy – tell us what you would like to do. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also a UK Online Centre as a Centre
- Provide people with free access to computers and the Internet with help and support to use them
- Provide learners with an excellent and safe experience at our centre /Studio
- Ensure learners receive a friendly welcome, are asked what they already know and what they’re interested in learning and are supported throughout their learning journey and then helped to decide where to go next
- Support learners to use the wide range of resources, guides and short courses on the Go ON learn website
If you have a Community or free event you would like to publicise then email details to email@example.com and you may have your event mentioned FREE in our Monthly Newsletter..
More Community involvement
Afro*disiac are about supporting the community and run floats through the processions at the following events:
Christchurch Carnival originated before the war and is still giving pleasure to residents and those from the surrounding areas. This Carnival had been successful for over 100 years now, and is run completely by a willing band of volunteers. This entails months of hard work behind the scenes – but our sole aim is to put on the best weekend possible for Christchurch, whilst trying to give a helpful donation to some of the local charities.
Held on the Winton Rec, the carnival is a family event with a variety of rides for the children as well as stalls, attractions and a stage featuring non-stop live music. New to 2014 was a dance zone!
Afro*disiac Live Radio is proud to have worked with the following partners: